Popiah - Savory Braised Jicama Crepes - Vegan Recipes UKPrint This
- ~ Lumpia/Popiah wrapper (frozen or fresh)
- ~ 1 medium jicama, shredded (yields about 6-7 cups)
- ~ 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ~ 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce & 2 tablespoon stir fry sauce
- ~ 1 teaspoon salt and dash of white pepper
- ~ oil & water/veggie stock
🍃Other filling ingredients: hoisin sauce, chili sauce, lettuce of your choice, shredded cucumber & carrots, fried onions (used Trader Joe’s brand) & crushed peanuts (bought fresh ones & dry roast it)
✔️In a heated non-stick pan (preferably with lid) with 2 teaspoons oil, sauté garlic until fragrant. Add in jicama, sauces, salt, white pepper & stir continuously until well combined. Add enough water to cover jicama (about 2-3 cups depending on your pan’s size) & turn heat to high. Cover lid, let boil & then simmer until jicama is tender (check with fork), about 30 minutes. Season accordingly if needed. Set aside to cool, and drain all liquid.
How to assemble (👀 video): Lay a sheet of Popiah wrapper on a chopping board, brush with hoisin & chili sauce (in the middle). Then, start piling with lettuce, cucumber, carrots, fried onions, peanuts & about 1-2 tablespoon braised jicama. Wrap like a burrito and enjoy.