Cats! Like any other cat lover, I love my cat to bits and I am always worried about what she eats? How much she eats? Is the food fresh for her? Will she eat too much and make herself ill? These are some of the never-ending questions that I have and I am sure I am not alone in this! Some of the cat parents out there also have similar worries to mine.
I want to know everything about my cat’s eating habits. I know this can be a bit invasive towards my cat’s personal eating space (Yes, I am a nosey cat parent). I had always wondered If there was any automatic cat feeder which would track the below information which I can then view on my phone and keep track of-
- How much my cat eats in a day?
- How much should I feed her in a day?
- When does she eat?
- What’s her balanced diet?
- How much-wet food does she eat?
- How much dry food does she eat?
I have 2 cats and being a multi-cat owner there is always a problem of one cat eating stealing another cats’ food. I started looking for solutions and found SurePet Microchip Pet Feeder or called as SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder – which was an ideal choice and let me tell you why?
- SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Features
SureFeed microchip pet feeder is a very well-designed automatic pet feeder which works on RFID technology and has a selective microchip. The cat feeder is well designed and stays closed all the time keeping the food fresh. The feeder can only be accessed by the cat with the assigned microchipped or RFID collar.
- SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder How It Works?
When the cat assigned with microchipped or RFID collar approaches the automatic cat feeder and puts her head in the hood, the flap detects the chip and the flap automatically opens allowing the cat to eat the food at peace. Once the cat has eaten her food and moves away from the feeder, the flap automatically closes after 30 seconds.
- SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Design and Accessories
SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder feeder comes with an RFID collar chip and 2 polypropylene bowls- 1 big bowl and a silicon mat for your cat to keep their lovely paws clean while eating. Each bowl can carry up to 2 ½ cups of dry food and the big bowl can carry around 5 cups of dry food.
If you have more than one cat, you can have different coloured bowls and mats to differentiate between the two. These C mats are designed to avoid your cat from spilling the food.
The entire flap unit is powered by 4-C alkaline batteries and when the unit is low on battery it indicates a red flash. These batteries last up to 6 months to a year based on their usage. Rechargeable batteries don’t work on this pet feeder.
My First impression about SureFeed Microchip pet feeder
When I saw the SureFeed Microchip pet feeder, I was highly impressed with the quality of the feeder and the shape of the hub (a cute cat shape). The hub can connect to the app on your phone which is awesome and you can track everything with the touch of your phone. I wasn’t sure how Pebble (my Asian-Bengal cat) would react to the folding lid. As soon as she got near the feeder, the lead automatically opened. Initially, Pebble was a bit reluctant to eat from the feeder but after a few failed attempts and sniffing around- she got comfortable with the feeder and she didn’t mind the automatic lid. This gave me a lot of relief to see her eating the food from the feeder at ease. Now, I can easily track when she eats, how much she eats and how many times in a day she eats. This is fantastic!
I can also keep track of how much wet and dry food she eats on a daily basis. When I am out at work, I get notifications that specifically tell me what she has eaten- wet or dry food and how many grams she has eaten. Wow! This is impressive and I do not have to worry about her going hungry or overeating when I am not at home.
I am always concerned about Pebble getting overweight as she is an indoor cat. However, now with SureFeed, I can easily control how much food I should top up on the bowl and I can control the amount of food she eats. The additional benefit the feeder provides me and my cat is that the food she eats is always fresh, covered and protected from flies and dust. This gives me the assurance that my cat will not get sick by eating dusty, uncovered food.
I can track all these details via sure pet app as you can see below
- The Feeder unit is solid and the lid is clear.
- Super easy to set up the feeder and the hub.
- Instructions in the manual are very easy to follow.
- The feeder can connect to any pet microchip set up worldwide.
- The feeder has an option to use the existing Micro Chip or RFID collar tag provided with the feeder.
- The same feeder can be registered for up to 32 different IDs i.e. 32 cats.
- You can monitor the food intake by setting up two different bowls for dry and wet food.
- If your pet is prescribed a diet- it’s an excellent way to monitor it.
- Sealing on the feeder is an excellent technique that covers the food, keeps the food fresh longer and also keeps the flies away.
- The arch is quite big for the cat to move her head around while eating and it doesn’t come in the way.
- The weight of the 4 – C batteries makes the feeder stay put and gives that stability for the cat to enjoy their meal every time they eat.
- 4 – C batteries last for 3 to 4 months depending upon the usage.
- A red flashing indicates that the battery is low.
- The food is always covered by the automatic foldable lid which means that the food is not easily accessible to other cats, dogs and small children.
- It does not stop the cat from gobbling the entire food in one go.
- You cannot set the timer on when to open and close the flap.
- The two bowls of the feeder are quite small in size. If you are going away for a day and a half or two; the food on these two bowls will not be sufficient. For example- if you are using both the bowls of the feeder for the wet food so that it can stay fresh and do not smell; then you will need to use a separate bowl for the dry food.
- The lid does not fully cover the feeder so the food is not totally fresh all the time.
- Not sure if the bowls are dishwasher safe.
- In order for the RFID to work, you have to keep the arch clean all the time.
- You cannot get rechargeable 4-C batteries and this can add to additional cost.
- The hub always has to be switched on and connected to the router via LAN cable. This means it has to be always near the Wi-Fi router.
- I would recommend placing the feeder against the wall so that other cats or pets cannot steal the food from behind.
- The feeder is slightly dearer on the money side.
Irrespective of the few cons; the benefits of the feeder overweigh and wins. It is definitely a good investment to have the feeder for your loving cat as it gives you peace of mind that your cat is being fed with a controlled quantity of food that is covered all the time. This means your cat will enjoy fresh and clean food all the time without you- the parent having to worry about dust, flies and insects hovering over their food. Your cat will stay healthy and happy for you to give you lots of kisses and purrs. The feeder will also give you comfort when you are away from the home that is- your cat is being fed with quality and fresh food within the right amount which you prefer especially for those chubby furry ones whom we need to keep an eye on their food intakes.
My cat is enjoying the benefit of the feeder; I would also like your adorable cats to experience similar superior eating services and enjoy a healthy lifestyle. So hurry and get the SureFeed Microchip cat feeder for your cat to enjoy from the ….