Vegan Burgers are very popular high street food these days. I had my 1st vegan burger in Camden town London. Which made me wondered if it was hard to make answer its not. Here is my version of Vegan Burger – Do let me know in comment’s how you find it.
Things to Remember
The burger patties need to be firm and not fall apart. In order to avoid this mixture should not be too dry or wet. The vegan burger patties texture should slightly moist but should not stick to your hands
- 1 medium sized chopped Carrots and onions.
- 40gms chopped beans
- 40gms green peas
- 3-4 medium sized boiled potatoes
- 1 cup rice flakes
- 1/4th tsp. each of garlic powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, dry parsley.
- ½ tsp. each of mango powder and paprika
- 2 to 3 tbsp. of unsalted Butter
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4th cup corn-starch
- 1/4th cup yellow corn meal
- Burger Buns
- Chopped Lettuce, slice of tomatoes and onions.
Steps to cook
- Chopped vegetables should be kept in a separate bowl
- Add some hot water to the chopped vegetables and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes
- While the vegetables soak – take rice flakes in a strainer and wash them in running water
- Now to make the mixture of the burger patty mix turmeric powder, cumin powder, garlic powder, mango powder, dry parsley, paprika and salt in a bowl
- Take 2 to 3 spoon of vegan butter in a pan and heat with onion till the onions are slightly golden
- Add carrots and beans to it and mix it well all together
- Cook the entire mixture including veggies for 5 minutes till they’re soft
- To the mixture add mashed potatoes and mix them well together
- Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down for 5 to 7 min and later add some rice flakes
- Keep the mixture in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Prepare vegan burger patty: Take all-purpose flour, yellow cornmeal, corn starch, salt add some water and mix it well till its a thick batter
- Make the size of the patty slightly smaller than the bun so it fits well and looks scrummy to eat. Dip the patty into the batter and mix in bread crumbs and fry them in slow flame till they turn golden brown
- Get bun to spread some vegan Mayo, tabasco sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and any other vegetables of your choice and place the patty on top of it. I like to spread the sauce evenly on the top side of the bun to get more taste.
- Scrummy vegan burger is now to eat
- You can even freeze the patty
Hope it was easy vegan butter recipe
Do try and let me know in comment’s
Easy Vegan Burger Recipe