Vegan chocolate coconut cake is perfect crowd pleasure for the afternoon tea. It is quick and easy to make. It is egg and dairy-free with an amazing chocolatey and a hint of tropical coconut flavour. It is light, fluffy and goes well with a warm cup of tea or coffee.
- 160g softened vegan butter
- 140g caster sugar
- Egg replacer for 3 eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C/Fan. Line the loaf tin with baking paper.
- Whisk the softened butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl with an electric whisk until creamy.
- Gradually add the beaten egg into the mixture.
- Sift the flour on a bowl; add the cocoa powder and the desiccated coconut. Mix these to combine.
- Add the flour mixture into the mixing bowl gently using a spoon. Fold the mixture gently with the spoon and gradually use the electric whisk to mix at a low speed. Add the milk to create a soft dropping consistency.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and smoothen the surface with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until the cake has risen and become springy. Insert a clean knife in the centre and the knife should come out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the tin for 10 mins and then let it cool completely on a wire rack.
50 Vegan Recipes Ebook Vegan Vitamin UK | Vegan Dinner RecipesProduct on sale
4 WEEK VEGAN MEAL PLAN 🇬🇧 | Vegan RecipesProduct on sale
Vegan Chocolate Coconut Cake