🌱Gyoza with cabbage & edamame fillings🌱Print This
- ~ 1 package gyoza wrapper (used Myojo brand)
- ~ 3-4 cups chopped cabbage
- ~ Finely diced: 1 small carrot, 1 cup boiled edamame beans, 1/2 cup dry roasted walnut
- ~ 1/4 cup chopped scallions, 2 tablespoons tapioca/corn starch, 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- ~ sesame oil, soy sauce, oil and salt to taste, hot water
✔️In a heated non-stick pan with 2 teaspoons oil, sauté cabbage for 2 minutes until fully cook through & season with 2 teaspoons of soy sauce. Drain all excess liquid, if any. Place sautéd cabbage, carrot, edamame, walnut, ginger in a big bowl. Mix well & season with 1/2 teaspoons salt, & few drizzle of sesame oil. Taste test, then fold in the starch.
As usual, set up the wrapping station. ➡️👀🎥 for pleating or IGTV for slower pace💗
✔️In a heated non-stick pan (12 inch) with 1 teaspoon oil, place gyoza, flat side down & pan fry for 1 minute. Check to see the bottom is browned, then, slowly pour in 3/4 cup of hot water. Cover lid, turn heat to low-med & simmer until all water is absorbed, a brownish lacey layer will form as well. Turn off heat & let gyoza sit in the pan for few seconds before serving.
🍃Sauce: Mix together 3 tablespoons of dumpling sauce, 2 tablespoons hot water until well combined.
• Few tips to wrap dumplings to prevent brea, just from my experience: ✨Let wrapper comes to room temperature
✨When pleating on one, cover the rest with slightly damp paper towel
✨Filling ingredients should not be too saucy
✨Remove as much air pockets as possible when wrapping (most important) & seal all openings properly by pressing wrapper firmly