Pan-fried veggies steamed bun - Sheng Jian Bao '生煎包Print This
- Recipe (yields 20-25 small buns)
- 🍃Dough ingredients:
- ~ 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ~ 1 pack yeast (2 1/4 teaspoon)
- ~ 3 teaspoons sugar
- ~ 3 teaspoons oil
- ~ 2/3 cup warm plant-based milk
- ~ 4 cups finely shredded cabbage
- ~ 1 cup chopped kale
- ~ 7-8 mushrooms, soak until soft & slice thinly
- ~ 1 carrot, finely chopped
- ~ 2 teaspoons thinly sliced ginger, 3 cloves minced garlic
- ~ 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 teaspoons stir fry sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar, a pinch of white pepper
- ~ salt, oil, sesame oil, minced ginger, chopped scallions
✔️Mix flour, yeast & sugar in a bowl, add in wet ingredients. Use the dough hook until the dough is softening. Place the dough on a floured surface, & mix it for 4-5 minutes till you see a smooth top. Carefully put the dough in a bowl cover it and let it rest for 30 mins
✔️Meanwhile, in a heated pan with 2 teaspoons oil, sauté garlic, mushrooms and ginger until its fragrant, at that point include sauce and cabbage and cook for 2 mins only. Taste test & season accordingly. Leave the mixture in a bowl. With little oil and salt Saute kale. Add chopped scallions, cabbage mixture, carrot, minced ginger and drizzle some sesame oil to it.
✔️Place dough on your countertop and roll into a log. Make 20-25 pieces & roll them into a ball. Take 1 piece of dough in hand and press down with palm, then use roller & roll out to about 3 inches round. Roll the side of the wrapper daintily, leaving a decent thickness in the centre. Add a tablespoon of filing & pleat to seal.
✔️In a heated pan with a drizzle of oil, place buns bottom down & let cook for 30 secs until the bottom turns light brown.
Cover 1/3 of the buns by adding hot water and then cover the lid and let it cook on low-medium heat. Cook until all water is absorbed.
Serve warm with homemade chilli oil in soy sauce.🤗